Tuesday 12 June 2012

Piano Nails :)

Last year I bought the new Bundle Monster Plate collection. You get 25 metal plates with all sorts of designs etched onto them, just like Konad plates, only cheaper :) I haven't used them much recently so I picked a simple and easy design to try out.



This piano design was on plate bm207. I would have done black keys on white nails but I only have Konad special polish in white and it's not cheap so black polish will have to wait a while.



Konad special polishes can be tricky; because they have to be thicker than normal polishes to work with the plates they tend to smudge when you apply a top coat over them. I evaded this by running them under cold water and waiting 15 minutes before putting a thick clear coat on, being careful not to let the bristles touch the deisgn.


Despite the colours being inverted the overall look is very jazzy :) I may do a review and post some pictures of the plates at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment